Monday, August 18, 2008

Beginning Our Family Blog

My sister-in-law Lisa (who is also one of my favorite people) recently noted that sometimes we don't see the fruit of life's trials until long after hard times have passed. While time certainly gives us unique perspective, it seems like such a shame when we fail to observe and celebrate the little triumphs along the way.

So Joshua, MacKenzie and I decided that a blog might be a great way to record our family adventures. Sean deployed to Iraq last week (he landed in Kuwait this morning) and there will be a great deal of adjustment involved for all of us. This website will give us an opportunity to share life "back home" with Sean--and for us to share Sean's news with our friends and family.

Over the last week, I've learned how to fix a wash machine, change a toilet seat, install bi-fold closet doors, identify and locate two way concealed variable overlay hinges, as well as change our furnace filters. Now I get to add re-learning basic HTML to the list.

Please be patient with Josh, Zee and I as we get our page from the "nuts and bolts" to "dazzling" stage over the next few weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I was trying to get Sean's address so that the American Legion post I belong to could send him a package and Lisa sent me your blog website. Now dear, I must admit that 1. Lisa is also one of my favorite people...not just because I'm her mom but also because I really like and admire her as a person. Anyway, I can chose what will go into Sean's package, but know that he can share it with anyone. After all, Jason ended up with tons of razors. Also, there was spam, but I chose to donate that to a food kitchen...I just couldn't see Jason or any of his buds eating that. I love your blog, and your GOAT...how funny and charming. You go girl, my love, thoughts, and prayers are with you, Sean, and your family.